Our field trip to the Zoo could not have been better. We had a great day!

A great bus driver named Ken...

And of course, great kids!

I always think that the journey is an important part of the trip. I loved seeing how excited all of the kids were to be going to the Zoo.





Arriving at the Zoo!

we had to rush right in for our first class. It was on sea turtles. This little guy is clearly not a sea turtle. His name was Monet and he came out to say hello to to all the kids.

Our instructor was AWESOME! She had all of us laughing. She showed the kids how sea turtles lay an average of 100 eggs in a nest and only one of them will make it to adulthood.

The kids got to become the animals that preyed on the sea turtle eggs and babies

Then we got to see the monkeys

we had a little time before the bird show started so we speed walked the tropical loop

A really big fish!



now off to the bird show! We actually had to run to it:-)

This is coconut. He was a very funny bird. He got to fly over our heads twice!


The kids got to take a lot of pictures too I can hardly wait to post them!

after the bird show we got to watch them feed the sharks!

The kids(and adults) got quite a chuckle watching the Sting Ray eat up the fish. See the tail sticking out of his mouth?

We broke for lunch and then our groups got to have some free time. Someone suggested that the Grizzly Bears were a good thing to see. I think almost all the groups headed there first.


More pictures

What is this???

We all meet back by the dolphins before getting on the bus. This is a great area for the kids to really get hands on fun at the zoo.









I worked hard to get this shot. I am glad I never gave up. The dolphins would swim by as other people walked up. These girls sat here and watched them for a very long time. I think they were in awe of these amazing creatures.

These pictures are not the best. When I found the kids in the bubbles I was in a hurry to get them back to the class. I had to grab a quick shot because they were so cool.

how about the framing?









There is something magical about this kind of happiness...
A BIG BIG THANK YOU TO PTO!
This is the kind of thing that is possible because of our fundraising efforts. We support the PTO and in turn they support our teachers. If you get time send out a thank you note to them for granting the second grade the funding for this trip.
Another BIG thank you to all the second grade teachers who put so much hard work into making this trip a huge success. You all Rock!!!
Thank you to to all the volunteers that helped too. Without them the day would not be possible.





No comments:
Post a Comment