Friday, October 30, 2009

2 of 3...The Art of the Moment


After the Halloween party I was packing up and getting ready to leave when I realized that Mrs. Demmer had said that she was taking the kids to "Art" What?????? Art? In the three years of being out at Byron I had never been in the art room. I have always wanted to know what Miss Tony looked like as well. I wonder how many of the rest of you have wondered too? Well wonder no more. Here is a few shots to show you.
Sitting at the tables, ready for art.
The kids were very excited all day. Don't let this fool you. If anything I think they were sick of a camera.
They were working on a super cute project. They had drawn portraits of themselves and then outlined them in glue that was dyed black. When they dried they looked like this! Today they were using pastels to fill them in with color. I really loved these.
So cute!





In case you are wondering...they are all feeling the bumpy texture the glue has left.
such a good portrait!

Some of them had not started with the glue yet. This is how they did the self portrait! How fun.



adding color



so serious
they used the paper towels to rub the pastels and soften them.



sharing art.

Just kidding...this is really....
Noah!
sooooooo cute!
waiting in line for advice.
I really love this one. It reminds me of "Horton Hears a Who".

I am so glad I followed them to Art today. It seemed like a great day to catch a glimpse at what they get to do in the Art room. Thank you Miss Tony for allowing me to sneak in and grab some shots. Super cute stuff!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment