Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday's pictures and newsletter

I think these pictures are some of my favorite ever.  They have so much personality.  I love that they are so comfortable with someone taking pictures of them.  
LOVE this picture!
The kids were writing letters to the pen pal they have in Hayfield.  They were running out of things to say about themselves.  I should have had them write about the blog.



Hiding...as always(but smiling)
Testing the smiling eyes theory...(they wanted to see if I could really tell if they were smiling or not)


I looked over to see Mrs. Demmer helping Allison with her letter.  

Such a cute moment.

Salem is another one of my BIG smilers! 

I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this picture.  I know it is my favorite one I have taken of Emilia.  The kids have been doing a lot with geography the past few weeks.  

{I ♥ To Read} month is finishing up.  Many of the kids had this book picked as their favorite today.  I think many of us remember reading it when we were about this age.  Still a favorite.  

The PTO came in to give out a free book for {I♥ To Read} month too.  
Noah was the winner for this weeks mystery reader.  He got to go to the office and pick up another book too!

When they were reading the names of all the winners, Sam was making this face.   He made it ever time a name was read. I thought it was hilarious.  

Then we had AR testing of course!  

Happy Friday everyone! 
Here is a look at what was on the newsletter for review.  
Demmer’s Monkey Business
for the week of: March 1-5
  Language Arts News:
Next week we will be testing Unit 4 Benchmark. We will also be doing several writing activities. We will not be starting a new story this week.
Spelling News:
We will take the 40 word Unit 4 test on Thursday, March 4th. All the words are on the webpage.
Math News:
We will complete lessons 7.3-7.6. The skills are:  
  • 7.3:  Mental Arithmetic
  • 7.4:  Patterns in Doubles and Halves
  • 7.5:  Exploring Weights, Equal Sharing,and Patterns
  • 7.6   Data Day: Standing Jumps and Arm Spans
The homelinks for this week will be 7.3 - 7.6.  Please be sure to check your child’s homelinks folder for these assignments each day.  
Volunteer News:
I will be sending the March  volunteer calendar out soon.  No stations on Friday, March 5th.   
Accelerated News:
The class read and passed a total of 302 points for February.  Our goal for February is 250 points.  Stinky sock day on Monday!!!
Special Messages for the Week:
*Check out your child’s class website on the Byron School website. http://www.bears.byron.k12.mn.us
*Children still need to be wearing hats, gloves, snow pants and warm coats for the winter weather. Our sledding days are Monday and Thursday.
*2nd GRADE TOUCH CONTINUUM held on Tuesday,
March 30. 
Wednesday, March 10th 2nd Grade School Store,
7:30 a.m., Gym

Don’t Monkey Around –Check Out These Events!
CHANGE: I Love To Read Month closing ceremonies 
2:00 p.m., 
Gym on Thursday, March 4th 
Mrs. Demmer
rebecca.demmer@byron.k12.mn.us




I to Read!!!!!!!
We are still trying to reach our school goal for the month of February.  So far our class has read a total of 13,916 minutes!  Thanks Willits family for this nice incentive. WE DID IT!!!! The pizza and Matthew’s birthday will be celebrated on Thursday.
Send in your child’s Reading Calendar for “I Love to Read Month”. Include how many minutes he/she has read for the week and return on Monday! This is the last week so give it your all!!!
Dress-Up Days
March 4th – Color Day – YELLOW is the second grade color. Our Closing ceremonies will now be on March 4th (THURSDAY!!),  instead of March 1st. We would like everyone seated and ready to go by 2:00.  We will be showing a photo story of the month, revealing the grade level winners, and giving the grand total.
The BES Winter Olympics have been scheduled for March 10th (Wednesday), 1:00-2:30 p.m. . (Gopher Day – students/staff are encouraged to proudly wear their maroon and gold on the scheduled day of their Winter Olympics.) Activities will include sledding, snow kickball, obstacle course, story and hot cocoa.  A School Messenger will be sent out to you asking for volunteers!
We will be looking for parent volunteers to help out with the 4 stations.
* Sledding (1/2 hour)  STATION A and B
*Snow Kickball or other game (1/2 hour) Station C & D
*Obstacle Course (15minutes) STATION E
*Story and coco (Mr. Rodemeyer) (15 min.) Station F

Top Banana of the week:
Our star banana for this week was Lauren Nepstad. The next star is Fabian Olmos for the week of 3/1.

No comments:

Post a Comment